Motor starter Siemens SIRIUS 3RM1007-1AA14
3RM13 motor starter with reversing functionality, electronic overload protection and safety-related shutdown
SIRIUS 3RM1 motor starters are compact devices 22.5 mm wide, combining a large number of functions in a single enclosure. They consist of combinations of relay contacts, power semiconductors (hybrid technology), and an electronic overload relay for operational switching of three-phase motors up to 3 kW (at 400 V) and resistive loads up to 10 A at AC voltages to 500 V.
The 3RM1 motor starters with overload protection with wide setting range are offered as direct-on-line starters and reversing starters and as versions with safety-related shutdown up to SIL 3/PL e.
Seamlessly integrated safety right through to the main circuit
Problem-free integration of functional safety into the main circuit through the simple combination of 3RM1 and 3SK devices
Functional safety in the main circuit needs to be both simple and flexible.
The unique compatibility of hybrid 3RM1 fail-safe motor starters and 3SK safety relays means that integrated functional safety right through to the main circuit is no longer a problem.
Their compact design allows the motor starters to be installed to the right of the safety relay in a simple manner, just like an output expansion. The wiring of the safety-related signals to the relay can be performed simply, quickly and in an error-free manner using the device connector.
The ergonomically designed enclosure with removable terminals and terminal labeling in the hinged cover allows for the cables to be conveniently diagonally mounted from the front. Either screw or spring-loaded terminals with push-in technology are available.
- Fail-safe disconnection of motors up to 3 kW
- Problem-free combination of fail-safe motor starters and safety relays
- End-to-end system, simple setup using device connectors
- Ergonomic enclosure
For SIRIUS 3SK safety relays, see page
The starter kit 3RA9012-3RM01 is a favorably priced complete package for switching and monitoring motors.
- Reversing starter (3 kW/ 24 V DC) 3RM1207-3AA04
- Device connector 3ZY1212-2EA00
- Device termination connector 3ZY1212-2FA00
- Infeed terminal 3RM1920-1AA
- 3-phase busbar 3RM1910-1AA
- Cover cap 3RM1910-6AA
- Screwdriver 3RA2908-1A
Article No. scheme
1) Operation of resistive loads with maximum 10 A
2) Standard three-phase motor, basis 4-pole at 400 V AC, the actual startup characteristics of the motor as well as its rated data are important factors here.
The Article No. scheme shows an overview of product versions for better understanding of the logic behind the article numbers.
For your orders, please use the article numbers quoted in the selection and ordering data.
- Less space required in the control cabinet (20 to 80%) thanks to high functional density, which also means reduced wiring and testing
- Longer service life and reduced heat losses thanks to hybrid technology
- Lower costs for stock keeping and configuration as a result of the wide setting range of the electronic overload release (up to 1:5)
- Fast wiring without tools for rigid conductors or conductors equipped with end sleeves thanks to spring-loaded terminals (push-in)
- Safety-related shutdown in accordance with SIL 3/PL e by shutting down the control supply voltage without additional devices in the main circuit
- The motor starters can be ideally combined with 3SK safety relays for safety-related shutdown (see page )
- Motor status feedback to the higher-level control system in the case of 3RM10 and 3RM12 motor starters in the 24 V DC version
- Virtually error-free wiring on the mains connection side and reduction in short-circuit protective devices by means of 3RM19 infeed system
- ATEX certification of the overload protection of the 3RM1 Failsafe motor starters “Increased safety” type of protection EEx e according to ATEX directive 2014/34/EU
- The 3RM1 motor starters can be used with highly energy-efficient IE3/IE4 motors. In this regard, please observe the information on dimensioning and configuring, see “Application Manual for Controls with IE3/IE4 Motors”,
Standards and approvals
- IEC/EN 60947-4-2
- UL 60947-4-2
- IEC 61508-1: SIL 3
- ISO 13849: PL e
- CCC approval for China
Three-phase infeed system (3RM19 three-phase busbar system)
The system permits an easy, time-saving and safe means of feeding two or more 3RM1 motor starters. It can be used only with motor starters with screw terminals and in combination with 8US1716-0RK00 adapters for mounting rails in the main circuit.
The maximum summation current must not exceed 25 A. The primary infeed is connected via a three-phase infeed terminal.
The busbars are available in three lengths, for two, three or five motor starters. More than five devices can be connected by clamping the connection tags of a second busbar rotated by 180°.
The three-phase busbars are finger-safe but empty connection tags must be fitted with covers.
3RM19 infeed system with three-phase infeed terminal: In the above example, two three-phase busbars (5-pole busbars) rotated through 180° allow up to nine 3RM1 motor starters to be connected. Contact with the unused connection tags in unoccupied positions is prevented safely by the covers.
Fuse module for the use of 3RM1 motor starters on 8US busbar systems and mounting rails
The fuse module permits the very compact construction of a load feeder with a maximum width of 22.5 mm. The 3RM1 motor starter in combination with the integrated fuses for short-circuit protection can thus be used in this way on 8US busbar systems.
By means of different adapters, the fuse module can be used in all 60 mm busbar systems and also in compact busbar systems, as well as on mounting rails. The interface to the adapter also permits a simple and secure replacement of the load feeder.
The fuse module can be combined with all 3RM1 motor starters. The easily replaceable fuses protect the motor starter, the connected motor and the cables.
By means of the fuse module, 3RM1 motor starters can be used in busbar systems and 8US compact busbar systems, as well as on mounting rails
Device connectors for the control circuit
The device connectors for 3RM1 motor starters (only 24 V DC control supply voltage) reduce the outlay for cabling by looping through the control supply voltage. The device connectors can be snapped onto a standard mounting rail or fixed to a level mounting panel using screws.
Device connectors with 3RM1 motor starter
Using the device connectors exclusively for feeding in the control supply voltage
By using device connectors, a maximum of five motor starters can be supplied with 24 V DC control supply voltage. This requires the control supply voltage to be applied to the A1 and A2 terminals of only one motor starter.
Device daisy chain connectors can be be used for gaps between two motor starters. Device termination connectors terminate a group.
Using the device connectors for safe group shutdown
In combination with the 3RM11 and 3RM13 Failsafe motor starters, the device connector can also be used for safety-related shutdown. For this application, groups of no more than five Failsafe motor starters can be connected using a device connector, however, the group must be terminated with a termination connector. Removing the control voltage supply from the first motor starter will safely shut down the whole group.
Safe group shutdown can be implemented particularly easily in conjunction with 3SK safety relays. In this case, up to five motor starters can be directly connected to 3SK safety relays via the device connector and then safely shut down (see ).
Ideal connection: Combination of four SIRIUS 3RM1 Failsafe motor starters with SIRIUS 3SK safety relays
Electromechanical switching devices in series with hybrid motor starters
Switching an inductive load – in particular of motors < 1 kW with high inductance – with an electromechanical switching device (e.g. contactor) can cause high and steep voltage edges.
The resulting faults/damage can be prevented by first disconnecting with the hybrid motor starter or by using EMC suppression modules:
- 3RT2916-1P.. EMC suppression modules for direct mounting on the contactor (see )
- For motor suppression modules that are fitted in the main circuit, (see )
For more information, see
Direct starter, 3RM1, 500 V, 0.55 – 3 kW, 1.6 – 7 A, 110-230 V AC, screw terminals
There are no reviews yet.