Siemens CM 1241 RS422/485 – 6ES7241-1CH32-0XB0
- For quick, high-performance serial data exchange via point-to-point connection
- Implemented protocols: ASCII, USS drive protocol, Modbus RTU, 3964(R)
- Additional protocols can also be loaded
- Simple parameterization with STEP 7 Basic
The CM 1241 communications modules are used for quick, high-performance serial data exchange via point-to-point connection.
Point-to-point connection is possible to, e.g.:
- SIMATIC S7 automation systems and the systems of many other manufacturers
- Robot controls
- Bar code readers, etc.
The CM 1241 communications modules have the same design features as the basic devices.
- Installation on DIN rails:
The modules are snapped onto the rail next to the CPU on the right and are electrically and mechanically connected to each other and to the CPU by the integral slide mechanism.
- Direct installation:
Horizontal or vertical mounting on DIN rail or direct mounting in the cabinet using integral lugs.
The communications modules are equipped with the following:
- Status LEDs for indicating “Send”, “Receive” and “Error”
- Communication interface:
available for the RS232 or RS422/485 physical transmission properties
The following standard protocols are available on the CM 1241 communications modules:
For interfacing to third-party systems with simple transmission protocols, e.g. protocols with start and end characters or with block check characters. The interface handshake signals can be called and controlled via the user program.
For communication according to the Modbus protocol with RTU format:
- Modbus Master:
Master-slave interfacing with SIMATIC S71200 as master.
- Modbus slave:
master-slave interfacing with SIMATIC S7 as slave; message frame traffic from slave to slave not possible.
- Modbus Master:
- USS drive protocol:
instructions for connection of USS protocol drives are especially supported. In this case, drives exchange data over RS485. It is then possible to control these drives, and to read and write parameters.
Further drivers for downloading are also available.
Parameterization of the CM 1241 communications module is particularly user-friendly and simple with STEP 7 Basic:
- The user assigns the module characteristics via a parameterization environment integrated in STEP 7 Basic, e.g.:
- The implemented protocol drivers that are used.
- The driver-specific characteristics that are used.
Siemens 6ES7241 1CH32 0XB0, SIMATIC S7-1200, Communication module CM 1241 RS422 485, 9-pole D-sub (socket) supports Freeport
There are no reviews yet.