Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7 Prof. V16 – 6ES7822-1AA06-0YA5
STEP 7 Professional V17 (TIA Portal), portal view
STEP 7 Professional V17 (TIA Portal), device view: Configuring and parameterizing in realistic photo-quality representation
Intuitive, efficient and future-oriented – the engineering software for programming the SIMATIC Controllers
SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional V17 is the engineering system for the SIMATIC S7-1200, S7-1500, S7-300, S7-400 Controllers, WinAC and Software Controllers.
STEP 7 V17 is based on the Totally Integrated Automation Portal (TIA Portal) central engineering framework which offers users a uniform, efficient and intuitive solution to all automation tasks.
New with V17
- New programming language Cause Effect Matrix (CEM) for efficient and fast programming in a connection matrix
- Download and upload of the folder structure for program blocks, PLC data types and PLC tags to the PLC
- Extended functions for the cross-references (freeze the display, show access to higher-level structures, improved display of PLC tags with overlapping input or output addresses)
- Extended functions for TIA Portal Openness
- Improved performance and support of new CPUs in PLCSIM
- Offline/offline comparison of the hardware configuration up to the parameter level
- Innovated type instance and versioning concept for blocks in TIA Portal libraries
- Extended functions of TIA Portal user management: Introduction of engineering function rights, anonymous users without password, locking of open projects, …
- STEP 7 Professional V17 is supplied with a STEP 7 Professional V17 floating license. The floating license allows the software to be used on any number of computers. This means one user per license can use the software independently of the computer used and without being tied to a specific workstation. The number of licenses acquired determines the number of computers on which the software can be used simultaneously.
- Existing STEP 7 Professional licenses of versions V11-V16 can be upgraded to V17. This requires an upgrade license.
- The user receives a combo license when upgrading from STEP 7 V5.x. The combo license enables engineering to be performed both on the STEP 7 V 5.x and the STEP 7 V17 platform.
- The STEP 7 Basic V17 license can be upgraded to a STEP 7 Professional V17 license with a PowerPack.
You can find more information on the Software Update Service, license types, Online Software Delivery and handling your SW licenses with the Automation License Manager here:
- Powerful programming editors for efficient engineering
- Scalability across all series of controllers
- Optimum interaction between the controller, HMI and drive in a working environment
- Shared data management and uniform symbols
- System diagnostics as an integral component
- Variables trace for effective commissioning
- Scalable and flexible motion control functionality
- Comprehensive library concept
- Security Integrated
- Migration support for existing hardware and software products
SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional V17 is the easy-to-use, integrated engineering system for the current SIMATIC S7-1200, S7-1500, S7-300 and S7-400 Controllers, WinAC, Software Controllers, and ET 200 CPU. PLCSIM for simulation of S7-1200/1500 CPU and WinCC Basic for configuration of Basic Panels are included in the scope of supply.
STEP 7 V17 thus provides support in all phases of the automation project:
- Configuring and parameterizing the hardware
- Specifying the communication
- Programming in IEC programming editors
- Configuring the visualization
- Test, commissioning and service
Excellent integration of the SIMATIC S7-1500 Controllers
With its multifaceted innovations, the SIMATIC S7-1500 Controllers from the SIMATIC S7 PLC family sets new standards for maximum productivity. The SIMATIC S7-1500 is perfectly integrated into SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional V17 for maximum engineering efficiency. With its unique system performance and PROFINET as the standard interface, the SIMATIC S7-1500 is the new benchmark for performance.
Powerful programming editors for efficient engineering
STEP 7 Professional V17 provides powerful programming editors with optimized compilers for programming the S7 controllers.
For all controllers:
- Ladder diagram (LAD)
- Function block diagram (FBD)
- Structured text (SCL)
Additionally for SIMATIC S7-1500, S7-300, S7-400, WinAC and Software Controllers:
- Statement list (STL)
- GRAPH for sequencers
In addition for SIMATIC S7-1200, S7-1500 and Software Controller:
- Cause Effect Matrix (CEM)
Tags trace for effective commissioning
The Trace Editor makes it possible to record signals in chronological order from the user program of an S7-1200 or S7-1500 CPU. The graphical evaluation of the signals simplifies the commissioning of drives, for example, and helps search for sporadic errors in the application or user program.
Scalable and flexible motion functionality
Motion Control applications with SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional V17 and S7-1500 become child’s play, even for beginners. The intuitive graphical user interfaces of the technology objects in STEP 7 Professional V17 provide optimal support for the configuring and commissioning of analog and PROFIdrive-capable drives, as well as for troubleshooting. The instructions for controlling the motion sequence are standardized according to PLCopen Motion Control. The following functions are supported in STEP 7 Professional V17:
- Positioning (absolute and relative)
- Speed specification (e.g. jogging)
- Output cam and cam track
- Gear synchronization
- Cross-PLC synchronous operation (only S7-1500T)
- Cams (with up to 10 000 points, only S7-1500T)
- Kinematics (only S7-1500T)
- Homing (active, on-the-fly, etc.)
- Support of external incremental and absolute encoders as well as probes
Comprehensive library concept
The system has a comprehensive library concept for the reuse and simple standardization of frequently used program sections.
Elements such as blocks, tags, alarms, HMI graphics, graphic objects, individual modules or entire stations can be stored along with their parameter assignment in local or global libraries. This means they are available for further programming tasks.
STEP 7 Professional V17 has password-based know-how protection and write protection against unauthorized read-out and modification of program block content.
Copy protection offers greater protection against unauthorized copying of program blocks. These blocks can be linked to the serial number of a memory card so that the block can only run if the configured memory card is inserted into the CPU.
In addition, multiple user groups with different access rights can be assigned to the controller by means of four different authorization levels.
Improved manipulation protection offers a greater degree of security against unauthorized changes to the data transferred between STEP 7 and the controller.
Migration support for existing hardware and software products
A migration tool integrated in SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional V17 provides support in switching from the S7-300/S7-400 to the S7-1500 Controller and converts the program code automatically. Program code that cannot be converted automatically is logged and can be adapted manually.
Team engineering – simultaneous processing of a task by more than one person
Several individuals frequently work on the same project simultaneously, particularly during the engineering phase of an automation task. With TIA Portal V17 and the PLC proxy function, it is possible to develop control and visualization tasks in parallel. Using a PLC proxy, data to be visualized can be imported from a STEP 7 (TIA Portal) or STEP 7 V5.4 SP3 project (or higher) into the WinCC V17 visualization project in order to implement the visualization there. Furthermore, STEP 7 Professional V17 and S7-1500 support online functions for commissioning which can be used by multiple users simultaneously.
The TIA Portal Multiuser Engineering option allows several users to work on the same project simultaneously. This results in a significant reduction in configuration times, and projects can be commissioned faster.
Compatibility with other SIMATIC products
STEP 7 V17 can be installed on a PC in parallel with other versions of STEP 7 V13 SP2 to V16 and STEP 7 V5.6.
As of TIA Portal project version V13 SP1, projects can be directly upgraded to V17. Upgrading of projects from previous project versions (V11 … V13) is carried out on the basis of the TIA Portal products (e.g. STEP 7) used in the project in version V13 SP1 or V13 SP2 (latest update recommended).
TIA Portal project versions V13 SP1.. V16 are upgraded with TIA Portal V17 to the project version V17. If you need to edit a TIA Portal project version V13 SP1.. V16, we recommend an additional installation of the corresponding software to TIA Portal V17. The license purchased for V17 is also valid for all older TIA Portal versions.
Program code and hardware configuration from STEP 7 V5.4 SP5 can be migrated directly to a TIA Portal V17 project with STEP 7 V17.
TIA Portal highlights
For up-to-date information and download availability, see:
SIMATIC STEP 7 Prof. V16; Floating License; Engineering Software in TIA Portal; SW and docu. on DVD; License key on USB flash drive; Class A; 6 languages: de,en,fr,es,it,zh; Executable in Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows Server 2012R2 (64-bit), Windows Server 2016/2019 (64); for configuration of SIMATIC S7-1200/1500, SIMATIC S7-300/400/WinAC, SIMATIC Basic Panels ******************************* Content: Set (4x DVD + 1x USB)