SIEMENS SIMATIC DP- 6ES7972-0BA42-0XA0
- Used for connecting PROFIBUS nodes to the PROFIBUS bus cable
- Easy installation
- FastConnect plugs ensure extremely short assembly times due to their insulation-displacement technology
- Integrated terminating resistors (not in the case of 6ES7972-0BA30-0XA0)
- Connectors with D-sub sockets permit PG connection without the additional installation of network nodes
The RS 485 bus connectors for PROFIBUS are used for connecting PROFIBUS nodes or PROFIBUS network components to the bus cable for PROFIBUS.
Several different versions of the bus connector are available, each optimized for the devices to be connected:
- Bus connector with axial cable outlet (180°), e.g. for PCs and SIMATIC HMI OPs, for transmission rates up to 12 Mbps with integrated bus terminating resistor.
- Bus connector with vertical cable outlet (90°);
This connector permits a vertical cable outlet (with or without PG interface) for transmission rates of up to 12 Mbps with integral bus terminating resistor. At a transmission rate of 3, 6 or 12 Mbps, the SIMATIC S5/S7 plug-in cable is required for the connection between bus connector with PG-interface and programming device.
- Bus connector with 30° cable outlet (low-cost version) without PG interface for transmission rates of up to 1.5 Mbps and without integrated bus terminating resistor.
- PROFIBUS FastConnect bus connector RS 485 (90° or 180° cable outlet) with transmission rates up to 12 Mbps for fast and easy assembly using insulation displacement connection technology (for rigid and flexible wires).
The bus connector is plugged directly into the PROFIBUS interface (9-pin Sub-D socket) of the PROFIBUS station or a PROFIBUS network component.
The incoming and outgoing PROFIBUS cable is connected in the plug using 4 terminals.
By means of an easily accessible switch which is clearly visible from the outside, the line terminator integrated in the bus connector can be connected (not in the case of 6ES7 972-0BA30-0XA0). In this process, incoming and outgoing bus cables in the connector are separated (separation function).
This must be done at both ends of a PROFIBUS segment.
SIMATIC DP, Connection plug for PROFIBUS up to 12 Mbit/s with inclined cable outlet, 15.8x 54x 39.5 mm (WxHxD), terminating resistor with isolating function, without PG socket