Siemens LOGO! LTE communication module 8 CMR2040 – 6GK7142-7EX00-0AX0
LOGO! CMR in combination with the communication module LOGO! logic module is a cost-efficient communication system suitable for monitoring and controlling distributed plants and systems via text message or email.
LOGO! CMR can send text messages or emails to predefined mobile network numbers as well as receive text messages from predefined mobile network numbers.
Sending a text message/email can be initiated by events in the LOGO 8 CMR2040! basic module as well as by the two digital alarm inputs of the LOGO! CMR. The values in the LOGO! logic module can be directly influenced by receiving a text message.
The LOGO! CMR offers comfortable Web Based Management commissioning and diagnostics via local and/or remote access.
The two digital outputs can also be switched remotely by incoming text messages/emails.
LOGO! CMR determines the current position of the module based on the GPS signal received by the GPS antenna. In addition, the LOGO! 8 logic module can be time-synchronized by means of the time included in the GPS signal. Determination of time by means of an NTP server or from the data of the mobile network provider offers more options for synchronization of the LOGO! BM with the current time of day.
- LOGO! CMR2020 for use in GSM/GPRS mobile wireless networks
- LOGO! CMR2040 for use in LTE mobile wireless networks
Warning! The country-specific mobile network approvals must be observed:
- Cost-efficient alarm signaling system – Low investment and operating outlay for the monitoring and control of small facilities via text message and/or email
- Reduction of travel/maintenance costs thanks to remote access via OpenVPN and HTTP for configuring the LOGO! CMR or LOGO! 8 logic module
- Easy-to-use thanks to intuitive text messaging syntax with alias text messaging function or assignment and use of symbolic names
- Simple configuration process via Web Based Management without the need for special knowledge of radio communications
- Internationally deployable thanks to communication via GSM, UMTS, and LTE networks
- Time synchronization of the LOGO! 8 logic module using the time determined from the GPS signal, an NTP server or the time from the mobile radio provider
- Harmonizes with LOGO! 8 series with regard to functioning, design and structure
- Quick assembly due to DIN rail mounting
In industrial environments
- Easy remote diagnostics and remote control tasks in LOGO! applications in plants and machinery, e.g. gate controllers, ventilation systems, industrial water pumps, automatic feeders in agriculture
- Easy building automation including building services, e.g. for HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), pump control
- Remote control and monitoring, e.g. of fill level, pressure, temperature, flow rate, valve control in water/wastewater
- Position monitoring in logistics, e.g. for vehicles, refrigerated trucks, containers
- Easy metering and energy management systems in distributed buildings that are controlled with LOGO!
- Construction of systems for monitoring and controlling of simple telecontrol stations
- Remote connection of distributed, local controllers by means of LOGO!
- Remote control and monitoring of low-end machine controls (mostly discrete logic)
In non-industrial environments
- Remote control and monitoring of automation tasks in building and installation technology e.g.
- Stairway lighting
- Outdoor lighting
- Awnings, shutters
- Store window display lighting
- Remote control of HVAC in homes, greenhouses, etc.
- Rugged plastic enclosure in LOGO! 8 series design, supports the following types of mounting:
- DIN rail mounting
- Wall mounting
- 1x RJ45 interface with 10/100 Mbps for Industrial Ethernet for connection to LOGO! basic module by means of patch cable
- 1x SMA antenna connector for mobile network antenna
- 1x SMA antenna connector for GPS antenna
- 2x 3-pole terminal block for digital alarm inputs
- 2x 3-pole terminal block for digital outputs
- 4-pole screw-type terminal for connection to the 24 V DC supply voltage
- Diagnostics LEDs for status, field strength, connection control, and DI/DO channels
- SET service button
- Slot for µSD card
- Slot for SIM card
LOGO! CMR with remote antennas
- Remote communication via mobile wireless network:
- Read/write of LOGO! 8 logic module data areas using intuitive text messaging (e.g. “LightOn”)
- Event-driven alarm messaging via text message (local monitoring) and/or email
- Triggering of simple switching operations via integrated digital IOs of the LOGO! CMR (stand-alone functionality)
- Protected remote access via the mobile wireless network (remote access) to:
- Web Based Management of the LOGO! CMR via OpenVPN tunnel and HTTP. Simple, direct access via mobile wireless network thanks to DynDNS support.
- LOGO! 8 logic module. Access to web server or via LOGO! App and up/downloading of the LOGO! Soft Comfort LSC program via OpenVPN tunnel
- Automatic time synchronization of connected LOGO! 8 logic module
- with the time of an accessible NTP server
- with the time of a GPS signal or the mobile wireless provider
- Position detection of the LOGO! CMR via GPS signal; position displayed in WBM and forwarding to the LOGO! 8 logic module
- Configuration either locally via the LAN web server or remotely via mobile wireless network
- Approval of up to 20 call numbers for incoming text messages
- Protection of access to control capability via text message by means of password (optional)
- Protection of access to web interface by means of user name and password
- Remote access using OpenVPN and HTTP
- Optional secure email via STARTTLS, i.e. encryption of communication using Transport Layer Security (TLS). Optional verification of mail server authentication certificate.
- Connection buildup status and status of an existing connection via LED
- History buffer can be saved on µSD card
- Diagnostic information via web browser
Sending and receiving a text message
Safe remote access via the mobile wireless network to the LOGO! CMR and LOGO! 8 logic module
Siemens 6GK7142-7EX00-0AX0, LOGO CMR2040 communication module for connection LOGO! 8 to LTE network; 1 RJ45 port for Ind. Ethernet connection to LOGO! 8; 2xDI; 2xDO; write/read access to LOGO! variables; SMS dispatch/ receiving of text messages; email dispatch; position detection GPS; time synchronization/ forwarding with real time clock; siemens logo 8 cmr2040, Configuration/diagnostics via web interface; logo siemens, Remote access via OpenVPN/HTTPs, DynDNS, observe national approval! Manual available as a download