Variable frequency drive Siemens SINAMICS V20 – 6SL3210-5BB17-5BV1
SINAMICS V20 converters, frame sizes: FSAA, FSAB, FSAC, FSAD, FSA, FSB, FSC, FSD, and FSE
SINAMICS V20 – The cost-effective, reliable and easy-to-use converter for basic applications
Today, in an increasing number of applications in plant and machinery construction, individual automation and drive solutions are demanded that automate simple motion sequences with low associated requirements.
The compact SINAMICS V20, the basic performance converter, offers a simple and cost-effective drive solution for these types of applications. SINAMICS V20 sets itself apart with its quick commissioning times, ease of operation, robustness and cost-efficiency.
With nine frame sizes, it covers a power range extending from 0.12 kW to 30 kW (0.16 hp to 40 hp).
SINAMICS V20 keeps engineering and commissioning costs as well as those in operation as low as possible. To increase energy efficiency, the converter is equipped with a control technique to achieve optimum energy efficiency through automatic flux reduction. Not only this, it displays the actual energy consumption and has additional, integrated energy-saving functions. This allows energy consumption to be slashed drastically.
Easy to install
- Push-through and wall mounting
- Side-by-side mounting possible for both
- Compact installation allows smaller cabinets to be used
- Push-through mounting allows the cabinet to be cooled more easily
- Frame sizes FSAA, FSAB, FSAC, and FSAD (230 V 1 AC) are significantly smaller compared to the previous frame sizes FSA, FSB, and FSC within the same power range
- Plug & Play
- Can be run “out-of-the-box” without other options
- Basic operator actions at a built-in BOP (Basic Operator Panel)
- Connection of SINAMICS V20 with USS or Modbus RTU via terminals
- Easy integration into existing systems
- Easier commissioning through standard libraries and connection macros
- Full flexibility of Modbus RTU settings widens communication with controller
- Simple connection to a control system (e.g. SIMATIC S7 PLC via Modbus RTU/USS)
- Integrated Braking Module
- Converters ≥ 7.5 kW (frame sizes FSD and FSE) have an integrated Braking Module. In this case, the braking resistor can be directly connected. The dynamic energy is dissipated as heat in a braking resistor with an adjustable duty cycle of between 5 % and 100 %.
- Possible to use dynamic braking to increase braking performance
- EMC category C1
- The devices are optionally available with an integrated RFI suppression filter, enabling compliance with the radio interference limit values laid out in IEC 61800‑3 category C1 when installed in the control cabinet in an EMC-compliant manner. Frame sizes FSAA, FSAB, FSAC, and FSAD therefore satisfy the radio interference requirements for industrial applications as well as for use in residential and business environments, including commercial applications such as refrigerated counters, fitness equipment, ventilation systems, industrial washing machines, etc.
Easy to use
- Parameter settings can be easily transferred from one unit to another using the battery-operated parameter loader.
- Less technical support required
- Short commissioning time
- The product is delivered to the customer already preset
- Integrated connection and application macros
To simplify I/O configuration and make the appropriate settings
- Shorter commissioning time
- Integrated and optimized application setting
- Simple connection and application macros can be selected instead of configuring long, complicated parameter lists
- Errors caused by wrong parameter settings can be avoided
- Keep Running Mode allows uninterrupted operation
This function provides higher productivity in production by automatic adaptation in the case of unstable line supplies
- Stable operation under difficult line supply conditions
- Higher productivity through prevention of interruptions to the production line
- Adaptation to application-relevant reactions through flexible definition in case of faults/alarms
- Wide voltage range, advanced cooling design and coated PCBs increase robustness of the drive in difficult environments
- Operation possible when the line supply voltage fluctuates
- Reliable operation at line voltages:
200 V … 240 V 1 AC (-15 %/+10 %) 1)
380 V … 480 V 3 AC (-15 %/+10 %)
- Operating and ambient temperatures between -10 °C and +40 °C (max. +60 °C with derating)
- • Wireless commissioning, operation and diagnostics via mobile device or laptop thanks to the optional web server module SINAMICS V20 Smart Access
- Enables easy access to the converter, even when it is installed in difficult-to-access areas
- Simple operation thanks to intuitive user interface and commissioning wizard
- Flexible choice of terminal devices as the web server works with every HTML5-compatible web browser
- Connection to the Cloud MindSphere with the optionally available SINAMICS CONNECT 300 IoT Gateway via SINAMICS V20 BOP Interface
- Expansion of the 400 V converters with two digital inputs and two digital outputs (relay outputs) thanks to optional SINAMICS V20 I/O Extension Module
- Higher flexibility of the frequency converter without additional outlay for installation, hardware and software
- Additional functionalities such as multi-pump control, with which up to four pumps can be controlled with a frequency converter
Easy to save money
Energy reduction during operation and standby
- ECO mode for V/f, V2/f
The integrated ECO mode for V/f, V2/f control automatically adapts the magnetic flux in the motor to save energy. The energy consumption can be shown in kWh, CO2 or even in the local currency.
- Energy saving during low dynamic load cycles
- Specifies the actual energy that has been saved
- Hibernation mode
Converter and motor are only activated when used by the plant or machine
- Smart hibernation saves energy
- Motor service life is extended
- Reduced pump wear at low speed
- Less time needed to program PLC code for pump/fan applications (PLC)
- DC link coupling
Applications that use SINAMICS V20 drives with the same power rating can share a common DC bus to reuse the regenerative energy
- Generate and save energy in applications that use coupled motors
- The converters can then optimally share the load mutually.
- Reduce the need for dynamic braking and external components
Complete motion control solutions from Siemens – SINAMICS V20 and SIMATIC
Siemens offers comprehensive solutions from a single source for general motion control applications with a selection of different SINAMICS application examples:
- Ready-to-run application examples, including wiring diagrams, parameter descriptions
- Sample configurations for connecting SINAMICS with SIMATIC, including hardware, software and wiring examples, installation instructions for the supplied S7 project, drive parameterization, and HMI sample projects
- Correctly configured project, ready for operation
- Optimal leveraging of TIA advantages
SINAMICS V20 200-240 V 1-phase-AC -10/+10 Rated power 0.75/1 PS with 150% overload for 60 sec. Integrated filter C1 I/O interface: 4 DI, 2 DQ, 2 AI, 1 AO Fieldbus: USS/Modbus RTU with built-in BOP Degree of protection IP20/UL open Size: Size AB 68x142x128 (Wx
There are no reviews yet.