IOP-2 (Intelligent Operator Panel) Siemens SINAMICS G120 – 6SL3255-0AA00-4JA2
IOP‑2 Intelligent Operator Panel
IOP‑2 Intelligent Operator Panel
The Intelligent Operator Panel IOP‑2 is a very user-friendly and powerful Operator Panel for SINAMICS G120, SINAMICS G120C, SINAMICS G120P, SINAMICS G120X, SINAMICS G120D and SIMATIC ET 200pro FC‑2.
The IOP‑2 supports both newcomers and drive experts. Thanks to the membrane keyboard with a central sensor control field, high-contrast color displays, menu-based operation, and simple setup processes for which no specialized drive know-how is required, commissioning of drives is easy. The IOP‑2 update (V2.3 and higher) offers a new concept for faster and simpler commissioning of the drive.
Within minutes, Quick Startup provides an overview of the basic parameters needed to commission and operate the drive.
Advanced Startup supports simpler commissioning of more complex applications and displays the parameters in a single screen so that you no longer have to switch between the different areas in the IOP‑2.
Advanced Setup generates a list of categories that guides the user by changing the status icons of categories when they are changed. Also, a drive can essentially be commissioned without having to use a printed parameter list because the parameters are displayed in plain text and explanatory help texts and parameter filtering function are provided.
Two process values can be graphically visualized and four process values can be numerically visualized on the status screen. Process values can also be displayed in technological units.
The IOP‑2 supports standard commissioning of identical drives. For this purpose, a parameter list can be copied from a converter into the IOP‑2 and downloaded into other drive units of the same type as required.
The IOP-2 can also use a text editor to create a user-defined parameter list and download it directly to the frequency converter using the IOP-2 download process.
The IOP‑2 can be installed in control cabinet doors using the optionally available door mounting kit.
Updating the IOP‑2
The IOP‑2 can be updated and expanded using the integrated USB interface.
Data to support future drive systems can be transferred from the PC to the IOP‑2. Further, the USB interface allows user languages and wizards that will become available in the future to be subsequently downloaded and the firmware to be updated for the IOP‑2 1).
The IOP‑2 is supplied with power via the USB interface during an update.
A handheld version of the IOP‑2 can be ordered for mobile use. In addition to the IOP‑2, it includes a housing with rechargeable batteries, a charging unit, an RS232 connecting cable, and a USB cable. The charging unit is supplied with connector adapters for Europe, the US and UK. When the batteries are fully charged, the operating time is up to 10 hours.
To connect the IOP‑2 Handheld to SINAMICS G120D and SIMATIC ET 200pro FC‑2, the RS232 connecting cable with optical interface is required in addition.
1) Information about updates for the IOP-2 is available at
- New device design
- Intuitive user interface – membrane keyboard with central sensor control field
- High-contrast color display with a range of display options
- IOP‑2 device design open for future functional expansions (e.g. device functions, commissioning setups, languages)
- Easily upgradable to new functional status via USB interface
- Simple commissioning using Quick Startup and Advanced Startup
- Quick Startup gives the user simple and fast access to all the basic parameters required to commission simple applications.
- Advanced Startup provides the parameters required to commission more complex applications, dispensing with the need to switch between different areas within the IOP‑2.
- I/O Setup supports fast and simple configuration of digital and analog inputs and outputs.
- Fieldbus Setup is provided for simple configuration of EtherNet/IP and PROFINET interface protocols.
- Fast standard commissioning of converters thanks to cloning function
- For quicker access, the parameter block names can be directly entered or changed on the IOP‑2 via the virtual keyboard. Extended help functions provide support for the user during commissioning.
- Simple local commissioning on-site using the handheld version
- Operator control and monitoring
- Simple, individual local drive control (start/stop, setpoint value specification, change in direction of rotation)
- Application-specific scenarios such as operator concepts with additional external operating elements can be implemented easily
- Simple cloning of specific settings of the IOP-2 user interface, such as status screen, language settings, lighting duration, date/time settings, parameter backup mode and “My Parameters” – settings made once can such be easily transferred to many further IOP‑2 Intelligent Operator Panels
- Simple creation of a user-defined parameter list and direct download to the frequency converter using the IOP‑2 download process.
- Rapid diagnostics thanks to on-site plain text display
- Integrated plain text help function for local display and resolution of fault messages
- Support function
- Used to determine the drive data for the Power Module, Control Unit and IOP‑2 (article number, serial number, firmware version, error statuses) and makes this available as a two-dimensional code (data matrix/QR code)
- Allows easy contact with Customer Support via a data matrix/QR code generated on the IOP‑2
- Quick access via mobile devices (e.g. smartphones, tablets) to product information, documentation, FAQs, contact persons via a two-dimensional code generated on the IOP‑2 (data matrix/QR code)
- Scanning and evaluating of the two-dimensional data matrix code using the Industry Online Support app (), see also:
Using the IOP‑2 with the converters
Using the optionally available door mounting kit, an Operator Panel can be simply mounted in a control cabinet door with just a few manual operations. In the case of door mounting, the IOP‑2 Operator Panel achieves degree of protection IP55/UL Type 12 enclosure.
Door mounting kit with plugged-on IOP‑2
SINAMICS G Intelligent Operator Panel IOP-2 for SINAMICS G120, G120P G110M, G110D, G120D, G120C ET 200PRO FC-2 Language settings: German, English, French Italian, Spanish Portuguese, Dutch Swedish, Russian Czech, Polish Turkish, Finnish Chinese (simplified) Environmental class during operation: Harmful chemical substances, Class 3C3 according to IEC 60721-3-3: 2002